Thursday, July 06, 2006

Neglect.

I have had a few emails telling me I have began to neglect my blog, haven't written home, etc. But the thing is, there is nothing to write. I haven't only been neglecting my blog, I have been neglecting some sort of life I came to Thailand to have.
I work about 14 hours a day, and most days come home too tired to eat, take a shower, have a piece of bread with peanut butter and crawl into bed with the air on full so I pass out into a coma for a few hours, before I do it all again.
I have been taking on and kicking out students, not to mention hiring a new teacher to lighten my load at school, which is not the easiest thing to do. Between interviews with fools (I had one guy come in, possibly stoned, in a dirty t-shirt, greasy hair, workboots and ripped jeans telling me how easy the job would be, and when can he start?) , to training a new teacher, for making excuses for the lack of materials (ie, a desk for said new teachers) and getting end of month 'to-do's checked off the list.
Life has been insane, and I am tired. I don't think I have had a grown up conversation in a while. I spent a vast majority of my day today trying to find a gluegun with the appropriate gluesticks in order to put the bow back on JJ's headband so she would stop crying. When I returned it to her in one piece, she forgot I had it.
Oh the joys of teaching Kinder.
I did, however, manage to meet with the group from America here to study the tsunami. It was so great to see some familiar faces and to see a project like theirs taking place. I gave a talk at their hotel on their first morning in Thailand, and even managed to score some American magazines and home teeth-whitener for Rin and myself. (Thanks mum!)
This weekend is a four day weekend, as it is the beginning of Buddhist lent. I am taking 90 3-5 year olds to a temple without fans or any relief from the heat for a 2 hour talk with some monks tomorrow. (Not my idea, trust me...) I am teaching Saturday and Sunday, and then, after shopping and spending some hard earned cash, I am going to sleep and try having a 'grown-up' conversation with Rin.
We shall see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home