Thursday, May 18, 2006

ps2 moves in to stay

A couple of weeks ago, Rin and I tragically decided to get a Play Station 2 and put it into our bedroom, as we have a hard time getting a hold of the cable in our house-the new housemate only likes to watch the BBC. So we bought it, not thinking much of it, thinking it would be time for us to hang out together doing something mindless. However. This might turn out to be one of the biggest mistakes of my life.

Last week I had two days off school. On Thursday, we went to Pantip, the computer supercenter of Bangkok and got 10 games. Then, on Friday, while Rin was putting the finishing touches on our new classroom in our house (boy things like installing air conditioners, putting together chairs, dusting, etc.), I spent about six solid hours playing a combination of 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory', 'Ice Age', 'Shrek 2', 'Chicken Little', and 'Madagascar.' When I was growing up my television was limited by my (smart) parents to one hour per week. This allowed m to find time to do other things that eventually, believe, improved my book smarts. But to have this freedom, being all grown up, I managed to spend about six straight hours, letting go of the controller only once to turn the fan off when it started to rain. I ran Chicken Little through his town and caught balloons and won prizes an solved puzzles. I helped Charlie find about 30 Oompa Loompas to help repair the candy making machines, and am currently stuck on the boat going to the 'wild' with one giant hippo, a giraffe, a lion and a zebra with an attitude.

I have to admit, I think about playing games far too much. I sit on the bike on the way to school and think of ways to try different tricks, ways to get over this and that obstacle. It is turning into a rather bad thing, and I am starting to wish I had my parents here to tell me that I can only play once the laundry is done and the dog is fed, and I have actually had dinner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home