Tuesday, June 20, 2006

To recap...

The past couple of weeks have been insane. Between trying to keep on top of washing my two yellow shirts which we had to wear every day to taking on a couple more students and firing some more, I have been very busy. And so, let's recap.

-We had Monday and Tuesday off last week, though Rin was sick and being a B-A-B-Y!!!!! It was impossible to enjoy my days off with a boy who simply had the 'sniffles' whining that he was going to die (which he didn't....) begging me to make him some noodles and go get him more medicine.

-We had been planning on a long time to have a party last Friday, but to add to it all, Rin invited his mother, who then invited her brother, who then invited his wife, making for chaos and hell inside my house, not to mention I caught Rin's cold (only worse, I swear...) leaving me with no energy, working from 7am until 8pm, and then having to entertain the house guests while preparing for a party and dealing with a demanding roommate who needed me to go and buy everything, seeing as I have a car. (Taxi, anyone?)

-In the midst of all this chaos, Sophie decided she wasn't getting enough attention, and so she ate Rin's cell phone. Perfect. So I gave him my (not so old) one, and went out and treated myself to a Motorola Razr V3i, which is my new best friend. In the hell of it all, I could escape to the air conditioning in my room and claim I was 'working out my phone.' I am now a master.

-The party went well, about 35 or 40 people at our place making enough noise to make the neighbours peer out their windows. Our roommate made an insane amount of food (none of which Rin an i ate, as we were running around doing things for the roommate or getting guests more drinks) and we finally passed out around two, but not before cleaning up, as I had students coming in bright and early on Saturday morning. Let's just say, Saturday was a long day, which ended in tearless goodbyes from the troops from the south.

-I went to pick up my uniforms last night (we have suits made, one for each day of the week...) and my ridiculous tailor made me so upset. She has been making these suits for, no joke, two months. Average production time is 10 days, which she originally quoted me, and I believe I have been more than patient with her. Originally she quoted me one price, but then yesterday I went in to find the price had doubled, as the material is silk, and she had to put a special lining inside so the fabric won't rip. Twice the price. Okay, no problem. I went home an saw she had added frills to one of my suits. Yes, frills. And when I tried them on, they fit more like corsets than suits, as my chest was popping out of one of them, and the other one was so small I got my arms stuck. Hot, sweaty, trying on silk suits, I was a mess. Rin took my back to the tailor last night she she said she would 'de-frill' my blue suit, and fix them both so I could wear them. I counted, and this woman has made me 12 suits in the past year. I lost a bit around the tummy, and she had the new measurements fine. But last night she was blaming the fabric, saying it was tricky, and could I pick them up next week. I said I would be back tomorrow. Nightmare. Expensive, ridiculous, nightmare.

There have been quite a few nice things happen this past week. Rin's mum brought me an entire box of mangosteens, which has been able to brighten every day since, as it seems I have an endless supply of delicious fruit. My mum sent me some magazines from the Canada. It was great to read all the trashy gossip about Miss Spears and Kev the loser. I feel like I am all caught up now (though mum..Please send more!). School is going insanely fast, and I am able to start counting down the months until I go home in October. Three more months. I can't wait to see my family and friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home