Monday, May 29, 2006

bonehead moment #472 on Sunday evening

After a weekend of working after a week of working, come Sunday night I was burnt, my eyes were burning and I do recall crying because Rin wanted me to go with him to pick up some takeout food.

At the end of the night before crawling into bed I had a hot shower and brushed my teeth. I thought it was just the long weekend making something about my routine seem a little bizarre. I looked down at the hand that was brushing my teeth with vigor and intent, and noticed I was holding the one bright blue toothbrush in our collection of toothbrushes I had marked "Sophie." wouldn't mind if 'Sophie' was a friend, a sister, etc. But 'Sophie' is my eight month old golden retriever whose idea of 'good clean fun' is diving head first into a pile of dirty water in the gutter outside our house, and then chasing two foot lizards up the wall, tongue dragging on the ground the whole time. If only I hadn't been so intent on brushing her teeth about two hours earlier.

That was the end of my excitement for Sunday, as I spent the next half hour scrubbing every part of my mouth with alternating cycles of terrible Thai herbal toothpaste in powder form, some extra strength American stuff and mouthwash that could kill an army of germs. I have a feeling my daily 'red curry' at lunch isn't going to be as spicy today, as I can hardly taste anything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home