Saturday, May 27, 2006

Housewife

This silly language I find myself using more and more, while using my own less and less sure has some silly phrases.
With the expansion of my home business and taking on more and more at school, in compilation with a toddler golden retriever who sheds more than I ever thought she would, I have finally broken down and hired a maid. I remember living in Canada joking about silly foreigners who would come and live in a developing country and get drivers and maids and cooks. Sadly, the service is so cheap, it is almost impossible not to take advantage. The thing is, in Thai, a maid isn't called such a silly thing, she is called "housewife." So I now have my own housewife to do my laundry, vacuum my bed and clean up the fallen rose apples and mangoes in the front yard.
Luckily, she comes mostly when I am at work, because when she is home I feel so bad for making her do these things I could do myself if I just took things back a notch that I find I am serving her cold water and doing laundry before she can get to it.
It has been a big weight off my shoulders, as I spent so much of my time at home cleaning, and now, except for the occasional 'once around' with the vacuum, I can relax and read some books and sit and enjoy the fruit trees in my yard instead of cursing them for making more work for me.
If I had known this would be so nice, I would have gotten myself a 'housewife' a long time ago.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you kikiat ? absolutely not!

4:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home