Friday, May 05, 2006

I once heard of a couple, maybe even friends of my mum's, I can't quite remember, but who would take their holiday time and stay at home, turn off their phones and treat themselves to sleep ins, nice dinners and luxury homey things. (Now that I think of it, maybe this is just from the 'Beetlejuice' movie.) I used to think this sounded so boring, but now, I think it is the best possible thing to do.

Rin and I have just come back from a week down south, between his place in Chumphon and Koh Samui in the Gulf, and I have never been so tired in my life. I think work would be like going to a spa compared to dealing with public transportation, departure times, hotels by the beach and all the stresses that go with travelling in a foreign country...even if you live there.

After seeing one woman hit by a car and killed dead in the middle of the road right in front of me on our way down, to three motorbike crashes where all three people were unconscious on the side of the road, to hearing about a car crash that killed 12 people in the nborth of Thailand at the same time, we ironically bought a new motorbike, which I am terrified to get on now.

Pictures to follow in a well rested state.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home