Friday, April 21, 2006

Ten Things



The following is a list of ten things that would be better than sitting in my livingroom watching my roommate eat dinner and sweating in the Bangkok April heat on a Friday night:
1. Eating an ice cream cone at the Quechee gorge with Bec and Linda, warm in our jackets away from the cool Vermont April chill.
2. Watching MTV reruns, such as The Real World (any season), Rich Girls, and various other reality shows that make the days pass so fast. Hours and hours on the couch of only MTV and bagels.
3. Hiking up the mountain in Montreal alone to reach the top, sit on the ledge and look over one of the most beautiful cities in the whole wide world.
4. Go to Zafdigs in Boston, well, really Brookline for a tuna melt and blood orange orangina with Lydia, talking about silly boys and our next planned trip to the mountains.
5. Sitting in the philosophy section of Chapters in London, Ontario, where I spent many of my university years looking for answers and only finding questions.
6. Driving with my mum, anywhere. Anytime. Even just to get gas.
7. Again, Montreal. Going to the bagel place on that street, you know the one...Where my parents are at this very moment soaking up the flour littered floors and buying bags and bags of Montreal bagels I will never ever ever get to try.
8. Sitting on the beach in Phuket, watching the sun set with some cold Thai beer, listening to the waves and getting sand in between my toes.
9. On any given porch with my older brother, talking about our lives and what we want to make of ourselves. Wrapped in big blankets, drinking wine, thinking about how our lives are so different from what they were 15 years ago.
10. At home. Not doing anything, simply wandering from room to room, seeing my family and using the computer, watching tv, helping my mum make chocolate, walking outside, playing with the dogs. Doing home things. That is what I miss most.
Woodstock, Vermont

1 Comments:

Blogger Bethanie Odd said...

Sounds like someone is on the verge of transition :D

3:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home