Friday, November 11, 2005

Back in the middle of it all...


The thing is, if you live in Bangkok and buy a car, you are still going to sit on the back of a motorbike in the morning to get to work, just so you can weave in and out of other cars sitting still for hours on end, turn your head around and stick your tongue out at them. 'nah nah nah nah nah nah...look at me. Being slightly less harmful to the environment, saving money, and I get there so much faster than you.' Dangerous, sure. But fun. (Mom, don't be angry, Rin is a good driver. And I put pants on under my skirt, hike it up to my waist and sit properly.)


School has been in full swing for two weeks, and with my new position, I am having a hard time trying to keep my head above water, while dealing with the politics that come with any job, (and suprisingly, even more so in this country when you work with all men!)

And so, I am trying to keep peaceful, tyring to enjoy my time at home with Rin, and trying to get in touch with someone in high standing to add more hours to the day.

The end of next month and I am going back to normal hours. Monday to Friday, with weekends to bask in the sun (or rain.)

Every day I amazed at how much I love this city. I still remember my first day in Thailand crying on the phone to my mother saying "you couldn't pay me enough to live here." Well, here I am. And loving it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home