Wednesday, October 26, 2005

voices from the woods

I don't know if I am going to make it this time. It seems to me moving from Phuket to Bangkok has made me a little more aware of civilization where I used to live, and now, I am in the throwes of it all again, but it seems worse, tenfold. No running water, fine. I can handle that. But the flooding has brought new little critters. Millipedes, bugs I have only seen in Disney cartoons, geckos the size of my hand, cockroaches the size of rats, rats the size of dogs. I can't sleep, there is always sand in our bed. There is noise. Lots of noise. More noise than Bangkok. We can't drive our car to his house, as there is only a path for motorbikes with palm trees on either side. So we park it down the road and walk in the dark. He says we are going home on Friday. I want to go sooner. I haven't had a minute alone, and this is my five fay holiday, since I have been working straight for six months. Not my idea of a holiday. We were supposed to go to Samui for my birthday. Flooding, so we can't.

I would kill for some American television and some soft tacos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home