Wednesday, October 19, 2005

This has been going on long enough. Something has got to change. Over the past month, Rin has developed some of the most wretched sleeping habits that have hindered my ability to carry on my life. I spend half the night sleeping, and the other half taking care of him while he is in his sleeping trance.

For example.

Last night we crawled into bed around 9:30 after doing the dishes and chatting for a bit. We watched TV, but it was crap, so I went to sleep, asking him to promise me he was not going to turn on the air conditioning as it was raining out, and I would freeze to death. He promised, and then also promised that he would turn off the TV.

Fast forward. One o'clock in the morning. Rin is drooling on the pillow case I just washed and ironed, snoring like hell, the Thai TV is blasting, and the air conditioning is on full. I think: communication error. Wanting to solve this problem I shook him to see what the deal was. He proceeded to roll over, slap his arm over my head (not good for Thais) and snore and drool on my pillow. No problem, I thought, I will simply take all of the blanket, and then he will be forced to go and turn the air off. The TV, I will turn off myself. Simply to teach him a lesson of course. I quickly dosed off again, to be woken up every fifteen or twenty minutes with one or more of the following problems:
-Rin's arm on my face, slowly suffocating me to death.
-Rin's leg on my stomach imparing my future abilities to have children.
-A combination of the above two.
-Rin actually drooling on me.
-Rin sleeping with 4 pillows, me with none.
-Despite my efforts, Rin having all of the blanket, forcing me to turn off the air. Plan backfired.
-Turtles scratching in their tank because the air in too cold.
-Rin tossing and turning so much he ripped the sheet off the bed beneath him, and not wanting to sleep on the mattress, he decided it was better to sleep on me.
-Heatehr goes to the bathroom, comes back to find Rin sleeping sideways in bed.
And the final straw:
Rin flailing his arm onto the bedside table, knowcking over a lamp, picture frame, my rings, remote, and two books.

So I woke him up, to show him how it feels to be woken up in his sleep, he apologized, cleaned it up, and we finally fell asleep at 6:00, in peace.

And my alarm went off at 6:30.

Showered, suit ironed, lipstick on, coffee finished, I finally woke him up to get ready for work. Funny, he woke up all cheery and well-rested. When questioned about his rest and if he was sorry about anything, he didn't seem to be able to remember anything, only that I was nice enough to turn off the air conditioning for him, and turn off the TV when he fell asleep. *kiss on the cheek.*

Jerk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home