Friday, October 14, 2005

Another week bites the dust. I sit in my empty office with the air conditioner pumping god-knows what into my lungs, listening to the click of my own typing, because everyone else has gone home. You see, if you teach the older grades, you get to go home on Fridays at noon. But if you teach kindergaten, you have to wait for them to wake up from their naps to teach them before you can go home.

So I sit, and ponder, and dream about my new house. Rin and I have decided to move out of condo-hell into a proper house. We have been looking for a house for the past two weeks,a nd managaed to find one I thought I was going to settle for. Seeing as we just bought a car we thought we could save some money again buy something else next year. But I decided, hey...I'm 22 years old, and I want to have a nice place to go home to. This other place was down a soi (like "little street") behind a temple, where we couldn't even ride our motorbike it was so small. The place itself was alright, a townhouse, cramped into the hell of Bangkok planning (ir, no planning...) and to get nice furniture, a nice TV, set ourselves up nice, and still save a lot, as it was 3,000 per month ($75 USD.) But then he went looking on Tuesday and happened to come across a house down the main road (Charan Sanitwong, if you know Bangkok at all...) About 30 sois (maybe 1 mile.) This house. Oh. He took me to see it that night, and I decided right then, even if it was more than four times the other house, it had to be mine. It is huge. Three bedrooms, two bathrooms, maids quarters (which won't be used.) full kitchen, two stories (rare for thailand), polished wood flooring (rare for thailand), wood furniture and a big yard with a gate and lots of trees and marble entryway. This house is the house of my dreams. Air conditioning in our bedroom, a nice breeze swoping in all day and all night, and in a really nice location.

So Rin pulled out his bargaining skills and saved us a few thousand baht a month, and we move in at the end of this month! I am quite excited, and will be having a party very quickly. And as a special birthday present to myself, I am getting the best cable program money can buy, as I have not seen one television program in English for nearly one year.

Adding to that, now that I think of it, Rin and I will be celebrating our one year anniversary.

That's about it...time to finish off my Fiday and head home to start packing. Three weeks before moving date isn't too early, is it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home