Wednesday, October 11, 2006

comparisons

I have been thinking about the differences between the East and the West. In particular, the differences between where I lived in the West, and where I now live in the East. I think this calls for a bit of photographic dialogue.

This is where I had lunch, yesterday, in Burlington, Vermont. It was lovely.


This is the typical Bangkok eating arrangement. Not quite as lovely, usually accompanied by some sort of critter running over your toes and a lot of sweating, but enjoyable, nonetheless.

A typical evening in Bangkok usually involves some sort of traffic, road rage and long and drawn out taxi ride breathing in fumes that could kill small children. Something like this.


A usual day in Vermont involves driving and waving at every car that passes, as you usually know someone in the car. Here is downtown Woodstock. I think I can count about four cars.


The sights in Vermont...


And the sights in Bangkok...

And I think you get the idea. The thing is, somehow, things seem to make more sense in Thailand than they do here sometimes.

A few reflections while I am on this side of the pond. I head back in four more days.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bethanie Odd said...

how are you feeling about going back? the comparisons are unavoidable, but how do you FEEL being back?

:D
miss you na ka

12:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home