Sunday, September 17, 2006

Sitting at my desk with some iced tea on a rainy Sunday in September...I only have one thing on my mind.
I am going home in two weeks.
I have so much work to do; I have been working straight for two weeks with only breaks to sleep. It seems like it is never going to end, but working hard has put me ahead for the end of term. Exams written, reports printed and prepared, books checked and I feel like I can slowly start to relax.
I sit and ponder what I can do next. Do more work for school? Do the dishes in the sink from the muffins I just made? Go and change the channel on the tv, though Rin is snoring away clutching the remote...Give Sophie a bath, go clean out the car, wash my sheets, iron, think about packing? None of the above.
I daily flick through the calendar my mother has made for me scheduling time when I am home, letting me know who is going to be where, and how I will get to see everyone. I would be lost without her. I can't wait to see my mother, father and brothers. It has been almost two years since I saw them, and I can count the times we have talked on the phone. Email makes people lazy, and cheap. I can't wait to have simple conversations face to face with the people I love.
Raining, about 100 degrees. I can do with a little fresh Vermont air. I honestly, can hardly wait.
Though I still don't know which airport I leaving from.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Bethanie Odd said...

It is going to be such a big change... reverse culture shock does one's mind a funny trick. At the same time, you won't crap for a week due to all the rad food you will be consuming and not being able to digest. Lots of funny adjustment stories will be told for sure. I can't wait to hear them. It will be interesting to hear what it is after the things you have been looking forward to, that you will find amazing. I couldn't wait to have cheep dill pickles but then I couldn't get over the powerlines being no more then 2 per pole. I couldn't get over seeing couples that were the same age holding hands and really being in love. I couldn't get over how I was treated with indifference except from people who loved me. All of which were amazing feelings.

8:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my isp is t.o.t., and the server is preventing me from accessing any typepad-related websites, including the homepage necessary for me to update my blog. i'm relieved that at least bloggger hasn't been censored as well. this coup business has me mildly freaked out. what's rin's view on this?

12:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home