Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Dear Anonymous.


"Anonymous said...
I can't help but wonder... why are you still there and how much longer are you planning to stay? I love Thailand (I lived there for 2.5 years) but i wonder what kind of future you can really build there as a foreign woman. Just curious. By the way, congrats on finding a good Thai man. "

Thank you for your comment (though I thought I had my settings so anonymous comments weren't allowed, as I find them insanely irritating...).

To answer your question...I am staying here until I don't want to be here anymore. There are parts of me that wish I wasn't here anymore. There are parts of me that want to stay here forever, which I probably would if my family wasn't so far away. There are parts of me that want to be angry at you for asking. There are parts of me that make me sad because I don't know the answer.

But to answer, I don't know. I don't know anything. I don't know about my future, I don't know if I have a future, and the way I see the seasons changing so fast here, who knows if we have a certain future. Things change so fast; fortune turns to misfortune, and the other way around. I am only doing what I feel is right for now. Maybe in a month after I dip my toe in the colder seas I will have a different opinion, but for now, I am content with not knowing. With the only certaintly in the fact that I know what colour uniform I have to wear every day. And that, is all I need right now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ry McCool said...

i think half the fun of living abroad is that you don't have to plan every minute of the next 40 years...you do have to take it one day @ a time...i'm all about short-term goals and working towards them, but these goals are only usually a month or so in advance at most...i can't even tell you what i'm going to have for breakfast let alone what i'll be doing next year @ this time...you're doing the right thing by not knowing heather...sit back and keep on keepin' on.

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home