Thursday, September 29, 2005

and the heavens opened up, and the rain started to pour...to wash-wash-wash her clean, for she was...DONE.


And all I can do is sigh. For I am done. Done exams. Done the exams of those who were fired the day before exams. Finished 90 student reports. Including 30 which belonged to the same damn person who was fired. Finished marking, finished making RED CHECKMARKS. Finished waiting to use the computer. Finished scarfing down fried rice between beating away on the computer. Finished falling asleep walking to check out every day. Finished, finito, c'est fini, and in thai, of course...set lao!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am one happy girl to be finished. Ironic, as I sit here and type this, a teacher came and said "oh Heather, you're done, could you simply give this exam for me, mark it, and oh, here's my flashdrive. Could you put them in here too?" Jesus Howard Christ. This is my time to be done! I was basking. Couldn't he see I was basking here?

Well I guess there is a little more to be done, but I am nearly there. I need to clean my desk for starters. And I need to get snacks for a party this afternoon. And I am making a big purchase tomorrow, to be written about once my parents know! :)

Until then, I suppose all I have is the light at the end.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bethanie Odd said...

congrats on finishing up! i hope your parents read a note from you prior to this because imaginations could run wild..

what could it be?

a thai airline?
a tuk tuk?
a quarter city block just off of KaoSan?


:) I know what it isssssssss.
XX
great pics my friend

10:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am thinking flight home, motor cycle, or if it is a big purchase, an apartment? Maybe a hotel? A cruise ship, okay this is getting out of hand. What are you getting? A man-servant? A tea-lady? A monkey? Okay, I've gone from far fetched to ridiculous. Miss you Hez. Love Chris

8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home