Tuesday, November 09, 2004

beautiful people.

i have just had word that there were some 'not so nice' comments on my blog, re my letter home. a little shocked, but perhaps with a slight idea who might have written it.

of course my blog is not only there to have happy 'i love you' comments. but there is no point in what she said.

why is it that people feel the need to cut others down to make themselves feel better? we are all human. we all have hearts in our chest. we all have some sort of inner depth. but there seems to be an increasingly large number of people in my life who get off on making others feel shitty about themselves.

i know i should feel mad. i am just sad. there are people like that i wish i could talk to and ask them what makes them think the world is against them.

but this person's only defense is defense itself.

i am sorry for you that you think people are so ugly. people can be so beautiful if you would just open your damn eyes.


"Come and hear the funeral marchin'
Maybe this is your suicide
Maybe this is more pure
Pure and simple
Maybe this is all I have for
Home, home, home

Why have all your beautiful people,
Brushed you on down, down
Brushed you on down

I saw the shame inside your addiction.
Hatin' to see what was passed on by
I saw the shame and wondered why
I should live and die.

Why have all your beautiful people,
Brushed you on down, down
Brushed you on down"

-Rusted Root (Beautiful People)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home