Monday, November 08, 2004

all my troubles seemed so far away...

the following is an email i received today from a past lover...whom i have not talked to in a long time. i am so sorry to have hurt him. so sorry to be without him. so happy to read his words.

he is perhaps one of the mose beautiful people i have come in contact with in my 22 years.



Dear Heather,

Thank you for your email. I see that you're now back in Thailand. It must have seemed like a "flying visit" to America! And it must have been strange to get on and off a plane and experience such a difference in temperature. I even noticed quite a difference between Spain and Scotland!

I feel physically pretty much ok when I'm not actually doing anything, just lounging around, reading and "taking it easy". So it's nice to have a rest. The problem is that I was only working for two months, and I'd already had a rest for twelve months before that!

I recently re-read all of our correspondance - I hope you don't mind that I've kept all of your emails. There was a lot of good stuff there. I also hope you don't mind that I think to myself of you having been, in a way, my "girlfriend", and of me having been your "boyfriend". 2004 will always be for me "Heather's year".

I would like to be able to write to you more regularly, if only I could find the right "tone". I do miss writing to you and hearing from you. But it is kind of difficult to know what to write about. Even in this email I have excised a large part of what I had written at first, because it seemed that I was either moaning and whingeing or that I was seeking to explain myself all over again!

I really have very little personal news. My father, although not in perfect health, is certainly better than he was this time last year. At one stage last year it seemed that he wasn't going to survive.... My mother is much the same as she always seems to be and will hopefully go on for years. I have been reading a lot as usual.

I hope you are doing ok, and being careful on your motorbike!

With love and best wishes,
Oliver

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home