Wednesday, January 03, 2007

simply simple.

I kind of have to write my school's newsletter right now, as it is already a week late, so this will have to be short, and to the point.

Bombs in Bangkok. I'm fine, not affected. Frighteningly close to where I live, and one was found in the market I was supposed to go to on that very night, but I am fine, and luckily was sick (still) and decided not to go.

New Year's was fine, boring.....but fine. Spent it in my jammies in the front yard with Rin and a couple of friends, listening to bad music, singing some karaoke and drinking ovaltine. (I somehow turned into a grandma, and never ever ever drink anymore. Boring.) Rin's mom came for a visit, which was...well...it was. It is hard to have her visit, because Rin is her little boy and I alway feel like I am stepping on her toes. But she left, and I feel sort of normal again.

Still sick, and have been since Christmas eve, which is getting really old. I wake up at least once a night not being able to breathe, choking on my own lungs. But it's getting better and I bathe in vicks before sleep and light a peppermint candle every night, which I think is helping.

Other than that, between the tsunami, coup, king celebration and the bombs on New Year's Eve, things are never dull here. Not enough to make me want to go home yet, but make me yearn for safe mountains and my mother's cooking.

Much love to all, and I mean it when I say it....peace.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting us know you are okay. I was wondering about you a few days ago.

I still plan on answering your lovely email. Having been sick with the same thing you have, it's been rough to sit here very long.

Get well quick! :)


Peace,


~Chani

1:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey heather...
happy new year! haven't dropped around in a while to have a read so today was the day...sounds like your holidays were managaeable and i do hope you get rid of this nasty cold. all the best to you and rin for 2007 or whatever year it is in that kooky, thai calendar.
~ Ryan
(blogger's being a pain and won't let me post under my own name)

4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home