Monday, September 26, 2005

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Another Monday morning. But the good thing is, it's the final one of the semester. It's the last week of the term, and I have one day of teaching left.

Things are going well. Hectic, but well. Life has been work, work, work. We have had some drama here the past few days. Over this past semester there have been many things going missing. Including:
-a laptop
-more than 5 cell phones, worth about $500 USD each.
-TWO of my 512 MB flashdrives, one of which with all of my photos from the tsunami.
-a nice digital camera
-mp3 player

And we has ideas of who it was, but you can never really accuse someone outright. However, last Thursday, when the last mp3 player was lost, Dennis, my boss called the other schools that this character had worked at to see if they had any information. Three other top schools in Bangkok, and the same thing. "Teacher X, he has issues." And so, he had to go. The sad thing is, he had a daughter here, who was my student, three years old and adorable, and she had to leave. She was here for free, and well, the school just isn't going to do him that favour anymore.

It's too bad. He has been here for a long time, has an amazing wife, a nice house, a nice car, a beautiful daughter, but he still had to do this. He did all but admit it when he was fired. I will spend my time off after the semester going to places around here to see if my flashdrives are around.

So how did I celebrate his exit? I bought a new flashdrive.

Other than that, life if good. I am happy to be having some time off soon. I have some days off coming up, and I plan on sleeping.

I also have many photos from the school's birthday last week, and I am trying to upload them as I type this, but as I have written before, the internet here, well, it works on a system of meditating monks and homing pigeons.

Will work on that today.

More soon...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home