Thursday, September 08, 2005

As I have literally two minutes before my next class starts, I will have to make this brief. Shocked? I thought not.

Still in Bangkok, still alive.

I have realized how people become workaholics. They start to really like their jobs, or find some sick twisted reward in doing well, and pleasing the people they work for, that they do more. And more. And more. Until ever goddamn minute of free time is spent marking books, shopping for stickers, or looking at new ways to teach kids so they will love to learn and turn into beautiful, amazing people.

Life is good. But busy. We have three weeks until the end of the semester, and I haven't had a day off in two months. No, I had three for mother's day last month. I am a liar. But I know at the end of this tunnel, there are two weeks holiday where I will find myself a patch on some island in the gulf, snuggle under Rin's arm, pretend to read a book, and wake up in time for me to catch the plane home. And I can't wait. I fell asleep in the middle of a conversation with Rin last night. And I woke up this morning wanting to finish it.

Working a lot is not healthy. I will stop this soon. But the money is nice, (minus the fact that I don't have time to spend it) and I really am enjoying what I do. But I do know the only book I have read in the past three months is "Witches" by Ronald Dahl or whatever his name is, so I can read it to my kids.

Life is peaceful, and hectic. I look out my window every night and can see the school. Perhaps this is my problem. I never get away. But soon will be the time, and I will happily cruise out of the city into a slower frame of mind, where I don't have to wear a suit every day.

I miss all of you, and I miss blogging. Love to all, and please be in touch. I look through my address book and want to write all of you a long gushing email about everything, but time is my enemy. Please be patient with me. I havn't forgotten any of you.

bisous

1 Comments:

Blogger Ry McCool said...

heather,

i for one think you are in serious need of a vacation...remember all work and no play make heather a dull girl...enjoy your time off

2:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home