Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Addiction.

I have found today that I am in dire need of a new addiction. Something to think about, something to obsess over. Something to spend lots of time investing on perfecting. There are not many addictions I have not yet had, so this is becoming hard.

I once had an internet addiction, and I think I miss that. Checking every site in my ever growing favourites list thirty times a day.
www.madphilosophers.com. www.bored.com. Three email accounts. www.ebay. Doing google searches on everyone I know. www.campuskiss.com. www.uwo.ca... Anything new? www.citysearch.com. Loking up flights from Germany to the North Pole, seeing the price, for fun. www.blogger.com. Fat Eye for the Skinny Guy…got anything new for me today? www.mullets.com. www.ajarn.com. www.thebestsiteintheuniverse.com. Buil my own Passat at www.vw.com. Watch my declining funds at www.us.hsbc.com. And yet again at www.tdcanadatrust.com. Check distances between cities: www.mapquest.com. www.monster.com. Could there be jobs better than my own? Blog of this, blog of that. Google this, google that. Google my dog if I am bored. But as the internet connection slowed, so did my interest in learning about new things. New info overload, I am a little burnt out.

Addiction to lights. Buying every possible kind of pretty light to avoid the bright hideous lights that make me want to burst into flames. Market hunting, lamp shopping. My room is now too bright itself.

Addiction to filling the water bottles. One empty, to the water machine. One half empty, ‘hurry, drink it…then I can fill it.’ (This on not yet quite subsided.)

Addiction to garlic chicken. (See yesterday’s entry, also, not yet subsided.)

Addiction to buying wine, addiction to keeping the laundry hamper empty. Addiction to crisp collars, addiction to reading everything ever written on existentialism. Addiction to espresso, addiction to thinking espresso is only for yuppies. Addiction to avoiding becoming a yuppie. Addiction to books, addiction to playing and cleaning a zen garden. Addiction to chocolate, addiction to mango an sticky rice. Addition to cheap instant coffee. Addiction to coloring in coloring books. Addiction to stickers. Addition to lip gloss. Addiction to never-chipped-nailpolish. Addiction to even numbers. Addiction to crossing my legs. Addiction to sleeping on the left side of the bed. Addiction of addictions.

And now I need another. I have burned through them you see, and I need something new, only for a few days, to occupy my time. Addiction of anything.



ps, Rin got a job yesterday. I came home from work, he told me, and I burst into tears. I have yet to see the logic in my emotions.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
[url=http://xpntiyev.com/btrc/evpq.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://ajnlhpvg.com/kchn/ftdq.html]Cool site[/url]

1:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
My homepage | Please visit

1:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
http://xpntiyev.com/btrc/evpq.html | http://luynkqhu.com/jdgv/uxfm.html

1:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home