Sunday, November 28, 2004

five sunday night thoughts

-i went bowling last monday (see photos below). i haven't done that in years. in fact, i would dare to say i haven't been bowling since i was a kid and the lanes had those rubbery blow up things in the gutters. no matter how bad a bowler i was, i always managed to bowl a wicked game. this place, however, did not have those rubbery things. next time i plan on breaking 80.

-smiles is getting a dog on tuesday. i am so excited. it is secretly going to be my dog and it will speak french and will have a second english name no one but the dog and i know about. it is white and can fit in the palm of your hand.

-last tuesday night around three in the morning i got home and went out onto my balcony basking in the full moonlight. as i sat in silence, feet propped up against the edge of my balcony something caught my eye from above. i live on the top floor of my building and not even three feet from me a big electric white bird with a wingspan of at least six feet went woosh woosh wooshing into the moonlight. i closed my eyes and was about to call smiles out to see, but as soon as i blinked it disappeared. i could spend the rest of my life searching for that bird...(which is quite possibly the dragon from the never ending story...)

-every friday i go out to r's house and drink whisky and coke while we chat / ponder / think / burn shit / cry. every week i am amazed at my ability to catch bugs in my lipgloss and remove them without my hands, usually sparing their lives.

-today while enjoying a bagel i saw santa clause drive by in a tuk tuk. not a word of a lie. (and he was with a thai woman.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home